Sint Benedictusberg Abbey - Lemiers
After the First World War, it was decided to build an abbey at the current location, to replace an abbey in Merkelbeek which had been destroyed during the war. Construction started in 1922. Up to and including the Second World War, mainly German Benedictines lived there. After the war, they had to make room for American soldiers, followed by political offenders and families repatriated from Indonesia.
In 1967, the new part was designed by monk-architect Dom Hans van der Laan and is a good example of the Bossche School style. Lovers of architecture are welcome to view the building inside and out.
Benedictine monks still live in Sint Benedictusberg Abbey. The abbey church, the crypt and the atrium can be visited to light a candle, hold a personal prayer or attend a service.
Sint Benedictusberg Abbey
6295 NA Lemiers
E: email@example.com W: https://www.benedictusberg.nl/
|Open 24 hours|
For prayer times, please check the website of the abbey.