Mill the Windhond - Woerden
The current mill is more than 250 years old, it dates from 1755. The Windhond is the successor of a post mill that appeared on a map around 1550. The mill has had eight different owners since 1762, of which the mill has been the property of four different generations of Hoogendoorn for 100 years. Until 1946 the mill was used for the flour production of the population. In 1977 the mill became the property of the municipality of Woerden. After the last scion of the Hoogendoorn owners had been transferred, the first phase of a major restoration took place in 1978. A second phase of this started in 1984, in which various attics and the house were renovated. In 2004 new blades were installed on the mill. The municipality of Woerden is currently considering the future of De Windhond.