Fleringer Mill - Fleringen
In 1822, an oil-grist mill was built in its present location because the water mill near the castle often did not get enough water to grind. In 1844 this windmill burned down. In 1846, the current ground sailor was built on the same spot on a rise, not a windmill, because the wind was obstructed by surrounding trees. The farmers had to drive up the hill on one side and down the other.
The mill was set up as a corn and hulling mill and is also known by the names Grobben Meul and the Vrielink Meul. In 1936 the mill was put out of operation. In 1937 the mill came into the possession of the wolf manufacturer Ten Bos from Almelo, to save the mill from demolition. He had the already dilapidated mill restored shortly after purchase. In 1955 he transferred the mill to the municipality of Tubbergen. The mill underwent another restoration in 1955, 1975 and 2009.
Nowadays the mill is also called Frielink Mill.
7666 NB Fleringen
|Open 24 hours
From March 1 to the end of October, the mill is open every first Saturday of the month from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. or by appointment.