Berenschot's Watermill - Winterswijk-Woold
Berenschot's Watermill is situated on the river De Slinge and was built in 1749. An entry from 1652 refers to the predecessor of the present mill. It is possible that the old mill had fallen into too much decay. In 1960 the mill became out of order after a major flood and this lasted until the eighties of the last century. All those years a restoration was planned, but no action was taken. By the end of 1984 the time had come and the mill was radically overhauled. Between 1988 and 1991 part of the mill building was restored and immediately furnished as a restaurant.