Water mill Hackfort - Vorden
Hacvorde is the first name which appears in 1324. The castle is located on the Baaksche brook and, given its name, at a place wich was once fordable. In the 14th century, mention was made of the Van Hackfort family. Hackfort suffered major damage during the 80 year war. Borchard van Westerholt rebuild the castle with the reuse of existing parts; The current wall work differs here and there. In 1788 the main house gets its current appearance, canals are filled in and the gatehouse and outbuildings demolished. From May 1997, the recovery plans literally and figuratively gained momentum because the Rijn and IJssel Water Board ensured that more water would flow through the Hackfortse Beek. A new weir was installed near the mill. A new water wheel was installed in the early spring of 1998.
Water mill Hackfort
7251 RH Vorden
T: 0575-553303 (opzichter Natuurmonumenten)
E: firstname.lastname@example.org W: https://www.natuurmonumenten.nl/monumenten/watermolen-hackfort
Estate is freely accessible; house and immediate surroundings are not accessible. The watermill runs every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.