Country estate Sparrendaal - Driebergen-Rijssenburg
The current Sparrendaal dates from 1754. In the 17th century there is a courtyard here, which probably collapsed around 1672 during the French violence. At that time, the large estate stretches as far as the Langbroekerwetering. Initially the house was called Sper en Dal, which became Sparrendaal in the course of the 18th century. Sparrendaal means to close something, but sperren are also long, thin poles. Long before Sparrendaal is built, there is a path that is used by shepherds to reach the heath with their herds. This road disappears after the construction of the house. The house, with an important interior, serves as a town hall for several years and in 2000 the Hendrick de Keyser Association takes care of this country house for one euro.