Windesheimer Mill - Zwolle
This mill, built in 1748, is the successor of a centuries-old tower mill. In 1704, the standerd mill was blown over by a devastating storm. Because of its economic importance, a new mill was built at the current location. In 1747, fate struck when a storm destroyed this second mill as well. A start was immediately made on rebuilding the mill, so that it could be put back into use in 1748.
In 1951, the Windesheimer Mill Foundation took over ownership of the mill to prevent it from being demolished. The foundation was able to put the mill back into use in 1952 after restoration. Until June 1964, several professional millers grinded for bakers in the surrounding area and for cattle feed. Since then, the mill has been run by volunteers. In 1978, the municipality of Zwolle became the owner of the mill. Shortly afterwards, the municipality had it restored.
8015 RB Zwolle
|Saturday||09:00 - 12:00|
When the mill is open, the blue pennant is flying.