Wheat mill De Regt - Nieuw-Lekkerland
In the 1930s, this Corn Mill was painted white, previously the colour was black. As far as we know, De Regt was built around 1850. Since it was decommissioned in 1950, there have been several initiatives to restore the mill.
After eighteen years of deliberation, the sails and cap were finally removed in 1968 due to its deteriorating condition. Unfortunately, proper maintenance was then lacking and, over time, the mill seemed ripe for demolition. In 1998, therefore, Stichting Herstel Molen De Regt was established with the aim of saving the mill. That happened in 2014. First, the hull was partly rebuilt and eventually the new cap and sails were also fitted.
Wheat mill De Regt
2957 VB Nieuw-Lekkerland
|Saturday||11:00 - 16:00|
Opening hours shown are for April to September. From October to March, open every Saturday from 11am to 2pm. Admission is free.