The Wenum Mill - Wenum / Wiesel
The mill first appeared in written sources from the year 1313 and used to be known as the 'Wenumse Saatmolen'. Around the year 1400 the mill came into the possession of the dukes of Gelderland and was issued on a long lease. After a restoration between 1979 and 1983 the mill came under the management of the Wenumse Watermolen Foundation, which also rents out the spacious hall behind the mill building for weddings and parties, possibly linked to a visit to the watermill. The mill is used to grind cattle feed on a voluntary basis. There is a cycle path along the mill that has been laid out on the route of the former railway line Apeldoorn-Zwolle.