The Krijgsman Mill - Blokker
The landscape value of this high mill is particularly great. Due to its large dimensions, it dominates the environment and can be seen from afar. In 1602 a mill with a miller's house was built on site. This mill, probably a post mill, was blown over around 1860 and was replaced by a low octagonal tower mill, called The Krijgsman, which in turn burned by lightning in September 1896. It was demolished in 1896 by the Amsterdam mill-making firm Pepping and rebuilt the following year in Blokker. The mill has been owned by The Krijgsman Mill Foundation since 1997. They then had a new restoration carried out over several years. Erik Dudink kept running the mill and became a tenant of the mill. Since National Mill Day 2003, The Krijgsman mill has been grinding grain with wind power again. The mill features a mill shop, a tea house and a terrace.