Rust Roest of Munnekezijlster mill - Munnekezijl
Windmill Rust Roest was built in 1856 on behalf of Hermannus Dijk. When the latter died in an accident in Groningen, the flourmill remained the property of the Sikkens family for three generations. In the mid-1990s, the last miller/owner Bareld Teije Sikkens transferred the mill to the Kollumerland Monument Foundation. In 1930, a whirlwind caused much damage to the windmill. After the repair, the mill functioned properly again. In 1961, the mill was threatened with demolition, but the danger was averted. In 1998 and 1999, the mill was thoroughly restored.