Mill De Zandweg - Rotterdam
This round-stone corn mill is located at the southern edge of the old city district of Charlois. In 1723 the first stone was laid for this mill; a plaque on the southwest side bears witness to this: "Den eersten steen is gelyt so men seyt door Dirck Gerrets Buisert op den 18 april anno 1723", with the coat of arms of Charlois in the middle. Over the years, the mill has known several owners, until the municipality of Rotterdam bought it in 1959. Two years later, De Zandweg underwent a restoration.