Mill de Prins van Oranje - Buren
It is not known how many predecessors this mill had on the city walls. In any case, there have been two tower mills, the first of which was destroyed by fire in 1575. In 1577 a new mill was built, which was replaced in 1716 by the present stone mill because of its dilapidation. This mill was also partly destroyed by fire. In 1912 it was restored with parts from the Rotterdam oil mill De Reus, which was demolished in 1910.
The mill was largely used for grinding wheat for the bread bakeries. This activity virtually ceased after 1918. The mill was bought in 1947 by the municipality of Buren from the last private owner, A. van Stuyvenberg. This prevented an ornament of this beautiful town from being lost forever. In 1952, the mill underwent an external restoration. Restoration was also necessary in 1974. Since then, the mill has been working regularly on a voluntary basis. The mill sells its own ground whole-wheat flour.