Fokker Terminal - Den Haag
After the Second World War, the economy got a boost between 1948 and 1962. The Netherlands became a modern society, people went on holiday again and the demand for air travel increased rapidly. Schiphol turned into a world airport and the demand for skilled people in the aviation industry grew.
The aviation industry school at the Zeezwaluwhof in Scheveningen became too small, so it was time to develop a new plan. This new plan was a modern school building on the Brinckhorst, designed by the architects F.C. de Weger and W. Zonneveld. The aviation engineering school, along with 300 students, moved to its new location in 1961. The hangar of the new location was 1,200 square meters and 9 meters high. The classrooms were around the hangar.
The school was renamed Anthony Fokker School (AFS) in 1966. The Fokker company had sponsored the school several times to round up the school budget. The number of students continued to grow, and the school expanded considerably. When the number of pupils in 1990 consisted of 692 boys and 13 girls, it was time for a new plan: the move to a larger location in Hoofddorp in 1994. That was when the name of the school changed.