Estate Heiligenberg - Leusden
This estate is also known as Hohorst. The name Heiligenberg owes the good to the period that a monastery was established with which the name Hohorst is associated. This term refers to a high hill or an overgrown sand hill. The bishop of Utrecht founded a monastery on this hill, which is popularly nicknamed the Heiligenberg. During the Eighty Years' War, this monastery was also confiscated by the States of Utrecht, after which it was taken into use as a country estate in 1637. Ernst L. van Hardenbroek built the current house in 1815. It is suspected that Jan David Zocher jr. made the design.