De Hollandsche Molen (The Dutch Mill) - Neede
Until 10 August 1925, a standerd mill dating from 1733 stood on this spot. When the storm disaster hit the country on this dreaded 10 August, the old mill was blown over. The then fledgling De Hollandsche Molen association built a stone post windmill to replace it, with the support of the National Storm Disaster Relief Committee. Parts of the windmill in Nieuwerkerk aan den IJssel were used.
In 1927, the newly built mill was officially handed over to the Association. In 1940 the professional milling activities were over and the mill fell into disrepair. In 1943, the municipality of Neede became the owner of the mill. In 1951, 1973 and 1998 the windmill was restored and refurbished as a windmill as we can admire it today.
De Hollandsche Molen (The Dutch Mill)
7161 MH Neede
|Saturday||13:30 - 17:00|
The mill can also be visited when the sails are turning and by appointment.