Catharijne Church - Heusden
Already in 1210 there is mention of a church in Heusden. In the following centuries, the church was further expanded. In 1328 it was given a north and south aisle and a choir in Gothic style. In 1555, the north aisle was demolished to build a transept with three bays in alternating layers of brick and natural stone. Gothic ornamentation can still be seen here.
During the Second World War, the tower and the western part of the church were destroyed. The west side was closed off and restored, the tower and west chapels were not rebuilt. However, the outline of these parts can be seen in the paving.
The church is now on the list of national monuments.
5256 EB Heusden
T: +31 416 202 573
E: email@example.com W: https://pgheusden.nl/
|Sunday||09:00 - 20:00|
There is a church service every Sunday at 10:00 and 17:00.