Mill de Vlijt - Diever
On the outskirts of Oldendiever, on the Meulakkers, stands and works since 1882 the Achtkante Stelling Korenmolen De Vlijt. This mill originally stood in Friesland and was moved to Oldendiever in 1882 and rebuilt by mill builder Ritzen from Diever. During the rebuilding a lot of woodwork from a burned mill was used. This can be seen on a number of beams with traces of fire, mainly in the beams of the stone hull. The mill from Friesland was of an older date because one of the octagonal styles shows the year 1823. In 1929, the mill received a cast iron shaft from 1852 from the mill in Uffelte. Before 1929 the mill had a wooden upper shaft. The sail cross was 'fenced' with old Dutch wind and stabbing signs.
Mill de Vlijt
7981 LT Diever
|Saturday||09:00 - 16:00|
Opening hours are in June, July and August. Outside these hours the opening hours are from 09.00-12.00 hrs.