Windmill De Nachtegaal - Middenbeemster
After the Beemster had dried up for the second time, and definitively in 1612, the intention was to build five flour mills in the polders. In the end, however, there has never been more than one. Until 1960, the mill was in regular operation. After that it was still occasionally milled, but in recent years before the restoration in 1973, it was only used for storage. After this restoration, the mill was grounding again on a small scale for some time. Subsequently, the mill was used as a storage for a furniture showroom and was in very bad condition. The mill was dismantled and placed in a new location on December 18, 2010, pending rebuilding and restoration. It then passed ownership to the Foundation for the Conservation of De Nachtegaal. After acquiring sufficient funds, the mill could be restored at the new location.