Wickenburgh estate - `t Goy
The 'burgh' part of the name indicates that it was a fortified house. Since 1741, it has been owned by the Wittewaall family. Around 1860, the mansion was rebuilt to the form it has today. At that time, the garden was also laid out in English landscape style.
The building still has all kinds of historical details, such as a marble floor, panelling from the eighteenth century and, here and there, beams from the seventeenth century. Also special is the sixteenth-century pigeon tower on the estate. In 2012, the estate was restored to its full 1860 glory.
Today, the estate is privately occupied and rented out for events.
3997 MT `t Goy
Huis en directe omgeving niet te bezoeken. Te bezoeken op Dag van het Kasteel. Onderdeel van de fietsroute vol verhalen: https://dagvanhetkasteel.nl/exoten/