Vissersbrug - Oegstgeest
The canal between Haarlem and Leiden was expanded in 1657 by excavating the former peat river the Mare. At that time draft barges were pulled by hunting horses. For them, a new, continuous road along the Haarlemmertrekvaart had to be built. The Vissersbrug (fishing bridge) was part of that new road and is close to the marina.