Veender Mill - Roelofarendsveen
From 1830, an octagonal thatched mill stood on the site of the present windmill. This was demolished in 1926. A diesel engine was then installed in the stump of the mill. The mill with the engine did not work properly and in 1934 the diesel engine was removed, after which the present mill was built. Cap pieces, axle and rods were used from the octagonal mill of the Noordeind- and Geerpolder near Langeraar. In 1978, ownership of the windmill passed to the Rijnlandse Molenstichting.
The windmill was restored in 2000, with the auger being lengthened and deepened, among other things.
The mill is operated by a volunteer miller and serves as an auxiliary pumping station in the event of extreme flooding. The polder covers 186 hectares and has an elevation of about 4.50 metres.