Tower mill of Gronsveld - Maastricht
The mill was built between 1616 and 1623 by order of the Count of Gronsveld. His name is chiselled on a memorial stone at the foot of mill. In 1766, the mill was raised over three metres. A rampart or belt was also raised around the base of the tower with a ring wall around it as an additional support. The mill operated professionally until 1930. During the Second World War, an attempt was made to bring the mill back into use for food supplies. Due to lack of materials, this was not successful. In 1944, the mill burned down. It was not until 1958 that the mill was restored using parts from mills in Horssen (Gelderland) and Maarheeze (North Brabant). In 2012, the mill underwent a new restoration.
Tower mill of Gronsveld
6228 XZ Maastricht
E: email@example.com W: https://www.molens.nl/molen/zoek-een-molen/molendetail/torenmolen-gronsveld-897/
|11:00 - 16:00
This mill is open the first and third Saturday of the month. For more information, visit the website.