The Middle or Second Mill - Cabauw
The present mill was built after burning down its predecessor. In 1933 the Voorste Molen was demolished and a diesel screw pump station was placed on its foundation. Due to a lack of diesel oil in the Second World War, the engine was switched to electricity in 1943. By a restoration and alteration around 1950 to the Achterste or Kademolen, the usability of this mill was affected, so this mill was decommissioned and in 1961 sold for demolition.
In 1962 the Middle Mill became superfluous due to the installation of a replacement pumping station and got the status of reserve pumping station. In 1977 and 1978 a land consolidation project was carried out in the Lopikerwaard. This made the old pumping stations, including the Middelste Molen, superfluous. The mill was partially restored in 1993, whereby the upper house was renovated. A new restoration is currently underway. Traditionally, a windmill day is held on the last Saturday of October in the Lopiker- en Krimpenerwaard. Then all 10 mills will run in these two large polders.
The Middle or Second Mill
Lopikerweg West nabij nr. 106 (postadres: 99B)
3411 AT Cabauw
|11:00 - 16:00