The Korenmill or The Korenbloem - Eerbeek
A waterwheel mill has always belonged to the goods under House Eerbeek, and is mentioned for the first time in 1395. A map of 1642 shows that the location of today's mill is the same as that of its 17th-century predecessor, known as the "saetmeul", which is located to the south-west of Eerbeek House. Close to the house there was a large pond in which the water of Eerbeekbeek was pumped up. A remnant of this pond is still present in the park of the present building.
The oil mill was last used in 1914. In the autumn of 2007, the mill was put back into operation to produce oil by water power. Actually, both the name De Korenmolen and De Korenbloem are curious, because what remains today is the oil mill.
The Korenmill or The Korenbloem
6961 LW Eerbeek
|11:00 - 16:00
See the website for the days of operation.