Stevens Church - Nijmegen
Visit this beautiful church whose construction started in the 13th century. Of this former church, a number of parts remain, including the base of the tower. After about 1560, construction stopped and the church remained unfinished. During the bombardment of 22 February 1944, a large part of the tower collapsed. The south-western part of the church was severely damaged.
After the Second World War, the church was thoroughly restored. In 1969, it was festively reopened in the presence of HRH Prince Claus. A second restoration was completed in 2015. The inventory of the church - namely the pulpit, tomb of Catherine of Bourbon, baptismal railing, men's benches, candlesticks, organs and a number of frescoes - are from the 16th, 17th and 18th centuries.
Sint Stevenskerkhof 62
6511 VZ Nijmegen
|11:00 - 17:00
|12:00 - 17:00
From April to the beginning of December, restoration, preservation and improvement will take place. This means that the church will be closed during the week. Keep an eye on the website for the current opening hours.