Philippusfenne (Notary's Garden) - Kollum
The house and garden date from 1847 and were built and commissioned by the Kollumer notary Daniel Hermannus Andreae (1815-1902). Later owners are also a notary, which explains the name Notary's Garden. For Andreae, the piece of land belongs to the rectory of Kollum and in the 17th century it is called Philippusfenne. In (old) Frisian, fenne means grassland or pasture. So this might be the pasture of Philip. The use of this name today reminds us of a past from before the foundation of home and garden.