Oudaen Castle - Breukelen
Oudaen Castle was presumably founded in 1300 by a member of the Loenersloot family. It is suspected that the first residents lived most of the year in Utrecht and used Oudaen as a country house.
On the north side of the castle, there is a landscaped garden, which is a remnant of the beech forest laid out around 1830 with a fine pattern of paths. This garden can be reached via a drawbridge. On the former outer bailey there is a farmhouse from the 17th century. The entrance to the castle is still on the south side.
The castle has been inhabited since 1280. Therefore, both the castle and the garden are not accessible to the public.