Oortman mill - Lattrop
The first mill on this spot was built in 1779 in Tjamsweer, near Appingedam, as a peel and oil mill. In 1910, miller Johannes Oortman ordered this mill to be moved by ship to Lattrop and rebuilt as a corn mill. In 1911, the mill was put into operation, but already in 1933, the purchase of a diesel engine caused the decline of the mill. This led to its dismantling in 1941. Without sails and in use as a motor mill, the mill stood until its radical restoration in 1982 and 1983. Shortly before that, the Oortmanmolen Foundation, founded in 1981, took care of the mill in order to preserve it for posterity. The old mill was too dilapidated to be rebuilt with original parts, so the mill was rebuilt from new material.
7635 NW Lattrop
|Saturday||10:00 - 12:00|
From 1 May to 20 September, the mill is open on Saturdays until 13:00. Other times by appointment.