Noordmolen (Mill) Twickel - Ambt Delden
The mill has always belonged to the Twickel estate. Until 1825, there was a corn mill opposite the current oil mill. In 1917, the oil mill was dismantled and the mill building repaired. The mill's further disuse led to a period of decline. Commissioned by the Twickel Foundation, the mill building was restored again between 1976 and 1978. Since 14 December 1984, the mill has been equipped with a water wheel again. The next restoration step was the repair of the interior of the mill in 1989. Since 10 May 1990, thanks to the efforts of several volunteers, the Noordmolen can be regularly seen in operation again. The mill was restored again in 2006.
In the water mill, linseed oil is extracted from linseed. The millers are happy to tell you more about the mill.
Even outside opening hours, this is one of the more beautiful spots of the Twickel estate with water and beautiful fauna, where several bicycle and hiking paths cross.
Noordmolen (Mill) Twickel
7495 VK Ambt Delden
|Saturday||13:00 - 17:00|
Due to the change of seasons, the Noordmolen is open more often than just on Sundays. Check the website for the current opening hours.