Nieuwvliet Mill - Nieuwvliet
The old village of Nieuwvliet was located on the Capelleweg in the St. Janspolder to the west of the current village. On December 7, 1619, it was permitted to establish a free windmill for the Heerlijckheit van Nieuwvliet. However, this mill was blown over in 1644. In that year, after much conflict between the owners of this blown-over mill and the owner of the wooden mill in Groede, the owners of the former mill were allowed to build a mill closer to the new village of Nieuwvliet. On November 27, 1664, the mill started running.