Mill the Origin - Moerkapelle
This polder mill owes its name to its location where the river De Rotte rises. Originally, this mill had a scoop wheel and was the fifth mill of a seven-pass. Later, an auger and a pitch were added to the mill. It then became the upper mill of a two-aisle auger mill.
For years, this mill race pumped water from the Wilde Veenen into the Rotte river. When the mill became redundant in 1926, as a pumping station was installed, the upper house, sails and pumping system were removed. Since then, this mill has been a residential building.
Mill the Origin
2751 DJ Moerkapelle