Mill of Makkum - Makkum
The mill was built in 1906 as a successor to the last standard mill in Drenthe. This post mill stood on the other side of the road and was blown over on January 18, 1906. A former polder mill from De Groeve was used for the new mill to be built. The mill was restored in 1944. In November 1957 part of a rod broke off, which meant that the mill had to be immediately taken out of use. After a restoration period in the years 1961 to 1964, the mill was again able to grind after the installation of new rods. In November 1973, a severe storm knocked out some of the mill's stern gates. In 1997 the mill underwent another restoration, because the rods were broken due to the roof being blown off in 1992.
Mill of Makkum
9411 TK Makkum
E: email@example.com W: https://www.molens.nl/molen/zoek-een-molen/molendetail/molen-van-makkum-naamloos--332/
|Saturday||10:00 - 13:00|
The mill can be visited by appointment.