Mill Nooit Gedacht | The New Mill - Colijnsplaat
Mill Nooit Gedacht in Colijnsplaat is also called 'De Nieuwe Molen' (The New Mill), although it was built as early as 1864. Before that, another mill stood there.
Until the 1970s, the mill operated at full capacity, but then grinding stopped and it fell into disrepair. In 2006, the mill was restored. The sails have been able to turn again since then, but no grain can be milled yet. However, Nooit Gedacht does have some special details. The beams of the attic, for instance, are probably from the demolished predecessor and its wheel is located exceptionally high up in the loft.
The mill can be visited by appointment only.
Mill Nooit Gedacht | The New Mill
4486 AX Colijnsplaat
Visits by appointment only.