Mill Kyck Over Den Dyck - Dordrecht
The mill was built in 1713 and is the last remaining mill in Dordrecht. Since 1951, the mill was owned by the municipality. After years of neglect, in 1993 the initiative was taken to restore the mill to its former glory. For this purpose, the foundation Molen Kyck over den Dyck was founded in 1997, which took over the mill from the municipality for 1 guilder.
Between 1999 and the spring of 2001, the mill was subjected to an extensive restoration programme to bring it back into milling condition. The restoration literally took a lot of work, because the mill, which was considerably out of level, had to be straightened first. Furthermore, parts of the cap were replaced and the tail beam and struts were completely renewed. The scaffolding was also completely replaced. In April 2001, the mill was festively put back into use.
The mill is open for visits every Saturday and grinding takes place then. The whole-wheat flour that is ground every week is delivered to the local bakers and sold in the mill shop.
Mill Kyck Over Den Dyck
3311 RR Dordrecht
|13:00 - 16:00
|10:00 - 16:00
On Wednesdays, only the shop is open.