Mill Kijkduin - Schoorl
The round stone windmill was built in 1772 as a corn mill. Even before 1575 there was a windmill on this spot, which was set on fire by retreating Spanish soldiers on 27 May of that year. It was not until 20 years later that a new mill, presumably a post mill, was built, which was demolished in 1771 and replaced by the current mill.
During the Second World War, the mill was operated by wind power for a while, but then it fell out of use permanently. In 1978 and 1980, the interior and the work in progress underwent a thorough renovation, so that grain can now be milled again. The miller still supplies flour to various bakers and to customers of the mill's own shop.
1871 CD Schoorl
|Saturday||10:00 - 16:00|