Mill De Zandhaas (The Sand Hare) - Santpoort-Noord
Windmill De Zandhaas - also known as De Santhaes - dates from 1779 and is of the octagonal stage windmill type. What makes it special is that the top deck of the windmill is covered by a reed that runs under the scaffolding in the rear of the windmill. De Zandhaas is regularly in operation as a corn mill. The mill also has an electric grinder with two grinding stones. Before 1991, De Zandhaas had three coupled millstones that were driven by the wind.
At the bottom of the windmill, there is a nice shop selling all kinds of products connected with the windmill. The interior of this shop is from a defunct grocery shop near De Zandhaas. Behind De Zandhaas is a small visitors' centre that is also regularly open to the public.