Mill De Leijen - Staphorst
On 9 March 1854, permission was granted for the erection of a wind corn and oil mill in the municipality of Staphorst. In 1926, a 'motor mill' was erected, which was powered by an engine of about 8 hp. After the Second World War, the mill was restored twice. The first restoration took place around 1948. Buckwheat, maize, barley, rye, oats and wheat were milled at the mill.
A total of 12 mills used to be active and three mill remnants can currently be found in and around Staphorst/Rouveen. The mill is the last complete mill remaining in the municipality of Staphorst. Restaurant De Groene Lantaarn owns the mill. It still grinds rye and wheat, from which bread and rye bread is baked in the restaurant.