Mill De Koning (The King) - Middelburg
The smallest and only round stone tower flour mill in Middelburg that has always been owned by a miller family is located on the Veerseweg, about half a kilometre north of the city moat. Previously there was a wooden inhabited scaffold mill with stone substructure of the same name on the spot. This flour mill was moved due to the construction of the Walcheren Canal and burnt down completely in 1881. The mill, which was then very out of balance, has never been inhabited and was erected in 1995/96 and restored again in 1998. At the entrance path to the mill are two beautiful miniature mills.