Mary Mill - Haps
In 1794 the Manders family built a stand mill (an all-wooden mill of which the mill house with the grinding stones can be moved to the wind) on the road to Cuijk. This mill was probably lost due to a fire. However, as early as 1802, the Mariamolen, which still exists today, appeared on the other side of the road, diagonally opposite the location of the standard mill. After half a century, the Mariamolen appeared to catch too little wind, partly due to the construction of surrounding houses (such as the miller's house, which is still diagonally opposite the mill today). That is why the mill was raised by more than 3 meters in 1859 and transformed into a hexagonal mountain mill. During the Second World War, the mill served as a shelter for the local population.
5443 PA Haps
E: email@example.com W: http://www.molens.nl
|Saturday||14:00 - 18:00|
Visits can also be made by appointment.