Jan van Schaffelaar barracks - Ermelo
See the entrance building of the Jan van Schaffelaar barracks close to junction no. 77. The building lies 100 meters (330 feet) from the entrance to Ermelo military camp. The Jan van Schaffelaar barracks in Ermelo, which was completed in 1939, was built by the Dutch army. However, due to the German occupation a year after its completion, German SS soldiers belonging to the “SS Verfügungstruppe Pionier Bataillon” - SS dispositional troops Pioneer Battalion - were its first occupants. During the war, several members of the Resistance were detained here awaiting transport to prisoner-of-war camps.