Jan van Cuijk Mill - Cuijk
In 1860, the Hagelkruische Mill was built. The mill changed hands many times. In the Maydays of 1940, the nearby barn burned down, and during repairs in 1942, the original mill hill was dug down and replaced by a stone warehouse. In 1944 the mill ended up in the line of fire again, and the rump was hit by several grenades. The mill was quickly restored after the war and began a new life. A new name and a new look had to make the heavy war years quickly forgotten. At the end of the fifties, the miller wanted to demolish the mill. The request was granted but thankfully not realized. In 1971 the mill was bought by the local authorities, and a major restoration followed. In the mid-eighties, a major refurbishment followed, bringing the mill back into full grinding condition.
Jan van Cuijk Mill
5435 PC Cuijk
|09:30 - 13:00
Visits can also be made by appointment.