Huis Zypendaal - Arnhem
Zypendaal, pronounced Siependaal, has a square house dating from 1762-1764. Later, a vestibule was added at the front and an extension and tower at the back.
The Syp is first mentioned in 1642. Later names are Huijs in de Siep, de Zyp, Sypendall and Ziependal. Location and pronunciation explain the meaning of the name. Water seeps from springs around the house, filling the pond around the house. From its purchase in 1741, the Brantsen family has owned Zypendaal for five generations. Finally, the municipality of Arnhem acquires Zypendaal in 1930. Since 1982, the Geldersch Landschap en Geldersche Kasteelen Foundation has had its headquarters here.
6814 CL Arnhem
|13:00 - 17:00
Opening hours apply to the castle. The estate is freely accessible. Guided tours are available for groups on request.