House den Bramel - Vorden
Already in the fourteenth century "De Hoff ten Bramel" occurs. The name Bramel seems to be a combination of the words "blackberry" and "loo", a forest where blackberries grow. The current house dates from the 17th century and is partly built on the cellars of its older predecessor. At that time, the country estate consisted of a mansion, courts, farmlands, forests and two farmers' yards with the names Groot and Klein Bramel. In the second half of the nineteenth century, the house was renovated and expanded several times. The teahouse is built around 1880. The facade in neo-gothic style also dates from this time. Behind it is still the 17th century entrance. A needle spire with a wind vane can be seen above the pointed arch frieze. Below it is a dial with the inscription 'Hof toe Bramel'.
House Den Bramel and the teahouse have recently been restored. The house and gardens are privately owned and cannot be visited, but the park is open to the public.
Photographer: Albert Speelman