Hoogmadese mill - Hoogmade
The Hoogmadese polder was provided with a quay (dike) at an early age and has been drained since 1492. The current Hoogmadese mill is also called "De Heerlijkheid". Probably named this because the polder almost coincides with the territory of the Hoogmade estate. ('Heerlijkheid' is a medieval form of government in which the feudal lord had absolute power.) The current mill was newly built in 1897 on the foundation of its predecessor, also a wip mill.
The mill is operated by a voluntary miller. The mill functions as an auxiliary pumping station for the Hoogmadese polder and the Piestpolder, approximately 182 hectares. The head is 1.65 meters.
Source: Rijnlandse Molenstichting