Estate the Kieftskamp - Vorden
This bird, which was called "kieft" (lapwing) in the region, used to be common here. As early as 1626 there is talk of a house in this location. In 1753, the Kieftskamp was bought by the surveyor and architect Gerrit Ravenschot, who expanded the estate considerably. After Gerrit Ravenschot passed away, the estate passed to his daughter Isabella Geertruid and her husband.
In 1776 the couple had the current country house built. Two additions to the rear of the house followed in 1920 and 1930. Many of the lapwing birds can be seen in the interior of the house made in the Rococo style of the time. Around the castle are several estates with fields and forests. Geldersch Landschap en Kasteelen is the current owner. The estate can be visited. House and garden are not accessible to the public.
Photographer: Albert Speelman