Country estate Den Aalshorst - Dalfsen
Den Aalshorst or Aelshorst has never been a manor house, but it does have that appearance. A gable stone with Roman numerals 1644 R (renovatum) 1720 reveals the foundation of a spieker in 1644 and the conversion into the current house in 1720. Den Aalshorst's gardens are laid out in a system of lanes and waterways and a grand canal, in front and behind the house. The name comes from 'horst', which often stands for 'height'; and 'aels', which stands for alder.