Castle Renswoude - Renswoude
The imposing Renswoude Castle is located on the southeast side of the built-up area of Renswoude. The castle has a special design, which gives Renswoude a double appearance. The white plastered back gives the building a real country-house appearance, while the front with its towers is more reminiscent of a castle. The facade of the main building is dominated by the large tower in the middle with a corner tower protruding on either side. On the grounds of Renswoude Castle are also a pigeon tower from about 1700, the arbor Weesje south of the castle and a children's playhouse, of which only the chimney is still original, both from about 1860. The small longhouse farm, also called the White House was built in the first half of the 19th century and is now used as a residential home. The longhouse farm built in 1866 a little further on, at 1 Dorpsstraat, originally also belonged to the Renswoude country estate.