Castle Rechteren - Dalfsen
In a dead arm of the Overijsselse Vecht lies a castle island, on which a castle with side wings, two buildings around the forecourt, ornamental gardens and a vegetable garden are located. The donjon, the round tower, dates from the 14th century. The house itself was built in the 16th century, but the main part is from the 18th century. There has been a fortress here before: in 1320, Rechteren Castle was already mentioned. Where the name comes from is unknown. The Van Rechteren family, who have owned the castle for more than six and a half centuries, were originally called Van Heeckeren. They have taken over the name of the house.