Buitenplaats Doornburgh - Maarssen
The history of Buitenplaats Doornburgh starts in 1623. In the 17th century, wealthy Amsterdam families exchanged the hot city for beautiful country houses on the Vecht for nature and relaxation. Joan Huydecoper had Elsenburg built in 1637, as well as the estates of Vechtleven and Somersbergen. These were located on the site where only Doornburgh country estate still stands today. The last nuns left the estate in 2017. The manor house, the park, the entrance gates and the ice house, among others, are all recognised as national monuments.
Buitenplaats Doornburgh is a place where art, science, nature and food meet. Exhibitions and other activities are held here. There is also a restaurant, DeZusters, which cooks with local ingredients.
3601 GH Maarssen
E: firstname.lastname@example.org W: https://buitenplaatsdoornburgh.nl
The park at Buitenplaats Doornburgh is freely accessible.